Wednesday 19 October 2011

MISSION STATEMENT: To complete every game I've bought since 2005.


I buy a lot of games, or at least it feels like I do, and I thought I was generally quite good at completing them. One day I decided to go through my games and finish one which I'd got close to finishing but never did and only then did I realise the horrible truth, that I have't finished anywhere near as many of my games as I thought.
Not one to dally about, I went straight to work on excel listing every game I've bought since getting my Xbox360 back in 2005. I could have gone back sooner and covered the Megadrive - Gamecube era, but decided this was too ambitious, there needs to be limits. My list also contained games owned by my other half, Cassy, as many of them I know I would enjoy but for some reason never picked up, usually going and buying a brand new game instead. I knew adding these would be the motivation I needed to play through some stuff we already own but I hadn't touched.

my final list included Xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, PSP and a couple of miscallenous games for Dreamcast and PC respectedly. I also included all virtual console and PSN/XBL arcade games.   The list totalled at 114.
Marking through games which were complete revealed only 58 of these have been finished. A poor 51%. I whipped up a small graph and would update the stats every Sunday with any new games to add to the list any I'd managed to finish, ticked off.

While getting to100% is the obvious goal,  I've decided on a sub-goal of getting to and maintaining over 80% completion, anywhere above this is the golden zone that I want to be in. Basically, if you look at the graph, the red line needs to reach over the yellow line.

So without further ado, let the games commence!

(so cheesy)




1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm looking forward to the progress of this blog. Just some general questions:
    Am I right that the colour coding in the games list is by platform?
    Blue=Wii
    Green=XBox360
    Black=PS3
    Grey=PSP
    Red=DS/3DS
    Orange=Dreamcast/PC

    How is completion defined? Finishing the "story" would seem the most appropriate and justified. So could you give yourself bonus points for doing all side missions and achieving 100% completion as defined by Trophies/Achievements?

    How awesome is Jet Set Radio?

    ReplyDelete